September 5, 2014

Sausage Tortellini Soup

 
Happy Friday everyone! I've decided to stop focusing simply on photography and rather blog about everything. When I say everything I honestly mean it. I'm going to blog about whatever I feel like. This blog has officially gone from just a photography blog, to a lifestyle blog. I hope you enjoy and please give me feedback!
 
I happen to absolutely love cooking and baking. Now that I'm living in my own place, it is up to my roommate and I to fend for ourselves when it comes to food. Fortunately for her, I'm not too bad at it.
 
Being that I don't have class on Fridays and it ended up being a lazy laundry day, I decided to cook up some sausage tortellini soup. Before moving here, my mom and I made tortellini soup often. It was definitely a household favorite. I decided to take mine to a new level by adding some Italian sweet sausage to it. It really tastes amazing and it's a very good comfort food for lazy days like this one.
 


 
Sausage Tortellini Soup
(Makes About 6 Servings)
 
Ingredients:
1 lb. Sweet Italian Sausage
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 (14.5 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
3 c. frozen spinach
4 c. chicken stock
salt and pepper
1 tbsp. dried parsley (or fresh if you have it!)
1 (16 oz.) package of cheese tortellini's
parmesan  
 
Directions:
Carefully remove the casing of the Italian sausage and form small balls. Brown in a skillet at medium heat with the olive oil. In a medium-sized saucepan, add tomatoes, spinach, chicken stock, parsley, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Add the cooked sausage. Simmer on low for 20 minutes or until the flavors have formed. While the soup is simmering, in a separate large saucepan, boil water for the tortellini's. I like to keep the tortellini's and the rest of the soup separate so that they do not get soggy. Once the tortellini's are done, spoon some into a portioned bowl and ladle the soup over top. Finally, garnish with some parmesan and parsley.
 
 
A few days ago, my roommate and fellow blogger, Britnee, and I made Apple Hand Pies (you can find the recipe for these on her blog, The Model Cachet). Fortunately, they're not gone yet and I'm going to enjoy one warmed up with some ice cream for desert while I relax on the couch. Please check out the recipe because they are truly delicious and a perfect way to jump into the fall season (my fav!!).
 
http://themodelcachet.blogspot.com/2014/09/britnee-bakes-apple-cinnamon-hand-pies.html
 
I hope everyone enjoys this new spin on the blog! I love cooking and I really loving sharing my own recipes and cooking experiences. I hope you all enjoy the weekend.
 
 


No comments :

Post a Comment