September 1, 2014

A Final Summer Hoorah


Hello bloggers! I realize that it has been way too long since I blogged and I really need to apologize. My first year of college ended and there were a few bumps along the way. I couldn't wait to just be home and be able to relax. Needless to say, I did a little too much relaxing and before I knew it, summer was over. I'm now moved into my first apartment and have started my second year at Pitt!

So what'd I do this summer? Like I said, a whole lot of nothing. I spent a ton of time with my friends and family just hanging around. I rarely went anywhere blog worthy. I was, however, fortunate enough to go to Myrtle Beach, SC with one of my friends and her family which was a blast.

As a last summer hoorah, my family and I went for a swim at a semi-local state park. This was a few weekends ago so it was still a beautiful summer day. Exactly what we all needed to end the summer off right.

We visited Shawnee State Park in Schellsburg, PA. It's a very large park with a very large lake nestled in the middle of nowhere basically. It took us a little over an hour to get to, but the drive was not a hassle considering we got to drive through the beautiful Pennsylvania mountains.

On the way to Schellsburg we passed the Flight 93 Memorial which we decided to visit on the way home. Although I've lived near the site of the horrible plane crash which took place on September 11th, 2001, I've never taken the opportunity to visit.  Seven crew members and thirty three passengers gave their lives to save many others as United Airlines Flight 93 plummeted into an open field in Somerset County, PA.

If you are ever visiting in the Western Pennsylvania area, I highly recommend visiting the memorial. They're currently remodeling and adding to the area so in some time it will be even more beautiful than it already is.

Although school started back up last week, this week will officially be the start as last week entailed introductions and syllabi. I'm very excited for the weeks to come and to be back at Pitt!


I'm sorry I've been such a terrible blogger lately and I PROMISE that I will make it up to all of you!!

No comments :

Post a Comment